What's Inside: Harvest Box #10
Here's what you can expect to find in our current produce box (starting with deliveries on Monday, January 10th):
- Organic kale
- Russet potatoes
- Fuji apples
- Grape tomatoes
- Peeled baby carrots
Spinach & Artichoke Dip
What you need
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 12 oz. spinach
- A pinch of crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups artichoke hearts, cooked and chopped
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 4 oz. Tillamook Shredded Mozzarella
- 4 oz. Smith Brothers Farms Sour Cream
- ¼ cup Ambrosi Parmigiano Reggiano, shredded
Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring until it’s softened – about 30 seconds.
Add spinach by the handful, making sure the leaves are completely wilted before adding the next. Add the crushed red pepper and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook, stirring frequently. Add the cooked artichoke hearts and season once again with salt and pepper. Continue to cook for another two to three minutes.
Reduce heat and add cream cheese and mozzarella. With a wooden spoon or spatula, stir until all the cheese has melted. Stir in the sour cream followed by the parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy with tortilla chips or baguette slices.
Want to take it to the next level? Before serving, transfer to an ovenproof skillet. Place in the oven and broil for 5 to 8 minutes, until the top is golden and bubbling.
Recipe from NYT Cooking
Kale & Apple Salad
What you need
- 1 bunch curly kale, stems removed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp. hazelnuts, almonds, or pecans* optional
- A sprinkling of Ambrosi Parmigiano Reggiano
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1-1/2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 tsp. honey or maple syrup
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Combine the kale, apple, cranberries, and hazelnuts (or almonds or pecans) in a large bowl.
Whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl. Add to the salad and toss well.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving. This will allow the kale to soften in the dressing.